Tuesday, May 10
God wonderfully created us with a rich and colorful array of emotions, which can have a powerful effect on our lives. But if we allow ourselves to be controlled by our emotions—by how we feel—we are settling for so much less than what God has planned for us. We begin to judge the value of things by the nature of our response to them—whether we “feel” good about it or not, whether we “feel” like doing it or not. Meanwhile, emotions can be fleeting and deceiving—we cannot trust them. But there is a better way for getting through the decisions and time investments of everyday life. As daughters of God and disciples of Christ, we are not to be controlled by our emotions, but rather, led by the Spirit of God–“pray continually.” Our lives should be an ongoing conversation with God, where we inquire of Him and listen for His voice inviting His input and direction to our every step. David cultivated a passionate heart for God’s will and ways. Let’s give ourselves to that process, and enjoy outcomes more fun and fulfilling than we could ever imagine!
‘I HAVE FOUND DAVID the son of Jesse, A MAN AFTER MY HEART, who will do all My will.’ – Acts 13:22
“But I say, walk by the Spirit, and you will not carry out the desire of the flesh.” – Galatians 5:16
“For those who are led by the Spirit of God are the children of God.” – Romans 8:14
“My sheep hear My voice, and I know them, and they follow Me” – John 10:27
“However, when He, the Spirit of truth, has come, He will guide you into all truth; for He will not speak on His own authority; but whatever He hears He will speak; and He will tell you things to come” – John 16:13
“Trust in the LORD with all your heart; do not depend on your own understanding. Seek his will in all you do, and he will show you which path to take.” – Proverbs 3:5-6
- For maturity in our ability to hear the voice of God and and discern activity of the Holy Spirit.
- For a heart after God’s own heart, that will be obedient to Gods’ call and to His instruction.
- Together Conference servant-leaders, volunteers, and speakers, are led of the Spirit at all times; sensitive to and partnering with Holy Spirit in all they do.
- Women hear the voice of the Lord concerning the Together Conference
- are obedient to come (and stay), and make decisions concerning ministry received at the altar, breakout sessions attended, and time spent in the prayer room on the leading of the Holy Spirit, so they don’t miss any of what God has planned for them.
I choose to follow the voice of God. I listen for His voice; my emotions do not control me. I am a woman passionate after God’s own heart; full of the Spirit, led by the Spirit, empowered by the Spirit, and obedient to His call.