Sunday, May 15
This past weekend, the women of Trinity Church came together for a night of prayer for the conference, followed by an orientation on servant leadership. Each gathering was essentially an invitation to give—our time, our heart, our service—for the women we will host at Together Conference. God exceedingly and abundantly out-gave us, however, meeting us powerfully in our prayer time, and performing heart surgery on us through compelling messages on honor and forgiveness. This invitation from the Lord to give and serve remains extended even now. In the next few weeks leading up to the conference, the Lord is asking us to rightly position our hearts and our hands for the sake of the women coming to this conference, looking always to Jesus as our Great Reward.
“Do nothing out of selfish ambition or vain conceit. Rather, in humility value others above yourselves, not looking to your own interests but each of you to the interests of the others.” – Philippians 2:3-4
“Rather, let the greatest among you become as the youngest, and the leader as one who serves. For who is the greater, one who reclines at table or one who serves? Is it not the one who reclines at table? But I am among you as the one who serves.” – Luke 22:23-26
“Give, and it will be given to you. They will pour into your lap a good measure—pressed down, shaken together, and running over. For by your standard of measure it will be measured to you in return.” – Luke 6:38
- We love and serve generously, and without expectation.
- Have you ever felt “used” or under-appreciated while serving? Give that disappointment to the Lord and forgive. Express your love for Jesus and desire to serve again; it’s all unto Him and He is our great reward.
- For a culture of honor among us, esteeming others above ourselves and joyfully laying down our lives for one another.
- Holy Spirit would lead us in finding the right outlets in which to serve and give, and we would do so with profound joy
- If you have not yet signed up to volunteer to serve at the Together Conference, there is still time, and your help is needed. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
I choose to give of my time, my talent and my resources to help fulfill God’s purposes for the Together Conference. It is my honor to serve the leaders the Lord has placed in my life, fueling God’s dream, our leaders’ vision, and the hungry hearts coming to encounter God and find real sisterhood.