Sunday, May 29
After 40 years of wandering in the desert, as the Israelites were about to cross the Jordan River into the Promised Land, the Lord gave them this command and promise, “Consecrate yourselves, for tomorrow the LORD will do wonders among you.” We see this over and over again throughout scripture. To consecrate means to set apart from anything unclean; dedicate as holy unto the Lord; to make something an act of honor or veneration. The Lord has promised to do some amazing things at the Together Conference and through the women’s ministry of Trinity Church. Ladies, it’s time to cross over into our promised land! Let’s take time each day this week to consecrate ourselves and every aspect of this conference. As an act of worship, let’s be intentional about setting ourselves apart from anything that will defile our emotions, our actions, our speech, or our thinking. The Lord is worthy of our devotion and worthy of this conference—it is our privilege and honor to give back to the Lord what we receive from Him. Let’s consecrate ourselves and trust Him to do wonders among us.
“Then Joshua said to the people, “Consecrate yourselves, for tomorrow the LORD will do wonders among you. And Joshua spoke to the priests, saying, “Take up the ark of the covenant and cross over ahead of the people.” So they took up the ark of the covenant and went ahead of the people.” – Joshua 3:5-6
“Blow a trumpet in Zion, Consecrate a fast, proclaim a solemn assembly, Gather the people, sanctify the congregation… Let the bridegroom come out of his room And the bride out of her bridal chamber…. It will come about after this That I will pour out My Spirit on all mankind; And your sons and daughters will prophesy, Your old men [and woman] will dream dreams, Your young men will see visions. Even on the male and female servants I will pour out My Spirit in those days.” Joel 2:15a-16, 28-29
“Therefore I urge you, brethren, by the mercies of God, to present your bodies a living and holy sacrifice, acceptable to God, which is your spiritual service of worship. And do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind, so that you may prove what the will of God is, that which is good and acceptable and perfect.” – Romans 12:1-2
“Commit your works to the Lord And your plans will be established.” – Proverbs 16:3
- Separating Ourselves Unto: Drawing near to God.
- Spend time each day worshiping the Lord, giving Him thanks for entrusting us with this conference, and praising Him for all the promises He has made concerning it.
- Set aside time each day before and during the conference to consecrate yourself and every part of this conference to the Lord all over again. Each day, commit or dedicate yourself and your works unto Him.
- Separating Ourselves From: Drawing away from defilement.
- Ask Holy Spirit to show you how you can set yourself apart from any form of defilement of your thoughts, emotions, speech and actions that could interfere with what He desires to do at the Together Conference.
- Holy Spirit may ask you to fast something—be willing and obedient—His grace is enough.
- Repent and receive the Lord’s forgiveness and cleansing for areas where there has been defilement.
I choose to consecrate myself and every part of the Together Conference unto the Lord daily. He is worthy of it all. As we draw near to to lay down our lives and our event, and drink of God’s goodness, the way is being made for Him to do wonders among us!